Information from G Adventures
Love gorgeous landscapes, unusual creatures, and exploring the outdoors? Then why haven’t you been to Madagascar? This nine-day adventure introduces you to Africa’s remote island paradise by way of Bekopaka’s famed Baobab Alley, the nocturnal creatures of Kirindy Reserve, the stunning weathered rock formations of the Tsingy de Bemaraha Strict Nature Reserve, a canoe ride to caves along the Manambolo River, and maybe even encounters with the odd lemur. Madagascar is one of the most otherworldly places on Earth; you may not even believe it when you see it.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group, Antananarivo
- Sunset at Baobab Alley
- 4x4 journey between Morondava, Kirindy and Bekopaka
- Guided night walk in Kirindy Reserve
- Tsingy de Bemaraha Strict Nature Reserve guided visit
- Canoe excursion on the Manambolo River
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from activities
- Search for lemurs and unique wildlife
- Experience an unforgettable sunset at baobab alley
- Discover nocturnal creatures on a night walk in kirindy reserve
- Explore the peculiar rock formations of the unesco-classified tsingy de bemaraha strict nature reserve
- Explore the manambolo river in a canoe
Day 1: Antananarivo Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Antananarivo/Miandrivazo Travel through the Madagascar Highlands to the village of Miandrivazo for the night.
Day 3: Miandrivazo/Kirindy Forest Drive to Kirindy Forest Reserve, where you may be lucky enough to spot the giant jumping rat, or Fossa, the largest carnivore on the island. This evening, enjoy a night walk, the highlight of a visit to Kirindy.
Day 4: Kirindy Forest/Bekopaka Continue to Bekopaka, our gateway to the National Park of Tsingy de Bemaraha.
Day 5: Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park Morning canoe adventure on the Manambolo River, with an afternoon exploring the Little Tsingy's.
Day 6: Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park Enjoy a full day exploring the peculiar rock formations of the 'Great Tsingy'.
Day 7: Bekopaka/Morondava A full day driving back to Morondava, stopping for sunset at the Baobab Alley.
Day 8: Morondava Free day in Morondava to relax on the beach, visit the local market, or explore five species of mangroves in a dugout canoe.
Day 9: Morondava/Antananarivo A final morning in Morondava before flying back to Antananarivo. The tour finishes on arrival in Tana.