Northern Madagascar in detail
When to go and weather
- The best weather for hiking and visiting parks is between May and November when humidity has dropped. Access to the Tsingy Rouges and the western section of Réserve Spéciale Ankarana is more likely.
- The Sava region is best visited in vanilla season, especially from October to December.
- Humpback whales visit Nosy Be from August to December.
- The Nosy Be Jazz Festival is held in April, while the island's five-day Donia Festival with its concerts featuring artists from all over the region along with sporting and cultural events takes places in late September.
- Diego Suarez hosts its week-long Zegny Zo arts festival in May. It features music, circus, puppetry, drama and dance.