Budget: Less than €100
- Dorm bed: €25.15
- Glass of beer (33cL): €3.60
- Soup and a sandwich: €10
- Public transport ticket: €2
- Cinema ticket: €3.70–12
- Double room: €120–200
- Two-course meal: €30–40
- Bottle of local wine at a midrange restaurant: €23–38
- Admission to museums: free to around €10
- Two-hour city walking tour: €14
Top end: More than €250
- Double room at a luxury hotel: from €200
- Gastronomic-restaurant tasting menu: from €78
- Bottle of crémant (sparkling wine) at a top-end restaurant: from €42
- Premium opera/ballet ticket: from €65
Gentle haggling is acceptable at flea markets (not food markets); in all other instances you’re expected to pay the stated price.
Credit cards are widely accepted. ATMs are prevalent.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
Hospitality staff receive living wages and a 15% service is included on restaurant bills.
- Restaurants No tipping necessary but many locals add 10% for exceptional service.
- Taxis Round up by 10%.
- Hotels A tip of €0.50 to €2.50 is common for door staff and porters.
- Bathrooms Where staffed, a tip of around €0.50 is appreciated.