Liechtenstein Tourismus (www.tourismus.li) Liechtenstein tourism.
Liechtenstein (www.liechtenstein.li) Principality website with the inside scoop on the country and its culture.
Liechtensteiner Volksblatt (www.volksblatt.li) Digital version of the daily newspaper.
Lonely Planet (www.lonelyplanet.com/liechtenstein) Destination information, hotel bookings, traveller forum and more.
LIEmobil (www.sbb.ch) Public transport website, with timetables and tariffs.
- Want to save francs? Avoid peak season (school holidays in winter and summer) for better deals on rooms, and go for the lunch deal (tagesteller).
- The closest international airport is in Zürich, which has frequent train connections to the border towns of Buchs and Sargans. From here buses run to Vaduz. Click on www.liemobil.li for timetables and tariffs.
- This tiny country is easily explored on foot or by bicycle. For the latter, take advantage of the 15 FreeVeloPoint stands dotted across the country. See www.velopoint.li for details.
- Your first port of call should be the Liechtenstein Center in Vaduz, where you can pick up the Museum & Adventure Pass, which yields free entry to some museums and use of the public transport network, plus discounts on cable cars, outdoor activities and more.
What to Take
- Good walking shoes – Liechtenstein is a tiny country best appreciated on foot
- Wet-weather gear because mountain weather can be very changeable
- A small day pack for hiking in the mountains
- Outdoor equipment you'll need to meet your requirements, such as ski gear
- Europe electrical adaptor
What to Wear
Liechtenstein is a conservative country, so unless you are happy standing out, it's best to dress conservatively, especially if heading out to restaurants, clubs and bars. Pack warm clothing, even in summer, as mountain weather in places like Malbun can be very changeable. If you're into outdoor activities, make sure you bring appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months past your arrival date
- Check airline baggage restrictions
- Inform your debit-/credit-card company you’re heading away
- Arrange for appropriate travel insurance
- Contact your internet provider to see if your mobile phone will work in Liechtenstein