- Make sure your passport has at least two empty pages and is valid for at least 30 days after your planned departure.
- Arrange for appropriate travel insurance.
- Get immunisations for typhoid and hepatitis A.
- Hire a vehicle well in advance; a 4WD is recommended.
What to Take
- Jeans or other pants you'll be comfortable in while riding a horse.
- Hiking boots and a small day pack for trekking.
- A top-notch camera.
- A rain jacket or umbrella.
- An electrical adaptor suitable for Lesotho.
What to Wear
Locals will be wearing blankets and distinctive pointed hats, but don't feel obliged to fit in. You'll do fine with a few warm-weather outfits and a few things for cold nights, particularly a warm jacket. Bring hiking boots or at least a pair of athletic shoes, along with horse-riding attire. Women may want to avoid wearing shorts, as the culture is fairly conservative. For anybody meeting a chief or someone else important, it is respectful and customary to wear a hat.