Budget: Less than €50
- Dorm bed: €10–15
- Double room in a budget hotel: €20–30
- Pizza or pasta: €3–5
- Intercity bus tickets: €3–4
- Hotel room: €30–50
- Meal in a local restaurant: €7–12
- Museum admission: €1–2
- Short taxi ride: €3–5
Top end: More than €80
- Room in a smart hotel: €60–150
- Top-end meal: €20–30
- Guide for the day: €30–50
- Daily car hire: €30–70
No bargaining is required or expected in Kosovo, though you’re perfectly able to haggle at the bazaar.
Kosovo's currency is the euro, despite the country not being part of the eurozone or the EU. ATMs are common, and established businesses accept credit cards.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
It's useful to arrive with small denominations; euro coins are particularly good to have.
- Restaurants Tipping is appreciated in restaurants (10% is normal) and expected in fancier places.
- Bars and cafes In cafes and bars it’s polite to leave some change.
- Taxis Not expected.