- Promoter information: Lonely Planet Publications Inc of 124 Linden Street, Oakland, California, 94607, USA (“Lonely Planet”/ “Lonely Planet Kids”) is the Sponsor. Our friends at Meredith Corporation, publisher of FamilyFun magazine located at 805 Third Avenue, 24th fl., New York, NY 10022 (“Meredith”) is the promotional partner (“Promotional Partner”).
- Start time and date: Contest (“Contest”) begins at 8:00pm GMT on October 19, 2017 and ends at 9:00pm GMT on October 19, 2017 (“Contest Period”). Entries received after the closing date of the promotion will not be considered. Only one entry per person.
- You can’t enter this competition if you or your families, or housemates are employed by Lonely Planet or Meredith or their subsidiaries or affiliated companies. The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, so the promotion and these Terms and Conditions are void in those places.
- The Promoter and Promotional Partners will use entrants’ personal details to conduct this promotion and aware the prize, in accordance with their privacy policies, found at the following:
- All notifications regarding changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted on the following webpage: https://www.dojomojo.ninja/landing/terms/1774
How to Enter
During the Contest Period: Log-in to your Twitter account, “follow” @lonelyplanet, @lpkids, @familyfun and tweet your answers to one (1) of the questions labeled Q1, Q2 , Q3, Q4 and Q5 and include the hashtag #LPChat and include the corresponding A1, A2, A3, A4, or A5 in your reply answer to the question. in your tweet to receive one (1) entry. The questions will live on @lpkids Twitter channel.
There will be one (1) overall prize. Prize package includes:
- a copy of The Animal Book, AND a copy of How Animals Build, Approximate retail value (“ARV”) $38.98, ;
- a $50.00 gift voucher to Lonely Planet’s online shop ARV $50.00;
- a one (1) year subscription to Family Fun Magazine ARV $5.99;
- a $50.00 USD VISA gift card from Family Fun;
- The maximum total prize value (approximately RRP $144.97USD), is based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The package is non-transferable and no alternative packages will be offered (including cash alternatives).
- The prize is provided by Lonely Planet AND Meredith Corporation and is subject to availability.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges who will review all eligible entries. The Promoter’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. The tweet with the highest % score will be selected as the winner, based on creativity (50%) and originality (50%). The winner will be selected the day after the Contest on October 20th by a panel of 3 Lonely Planet social media experts by 5:00pm GMT.
- The winner will be notified by the prize provider by Direct Message on Twitter by October 21st, two days after the competition closing date.
- If the prize provider can’t contact the winner within one (1) week of the closing date, the Promoter will offer the prize to a runner-up, or re-offer the prize in another promotion.
- You must provide your full name and mailing address. We will use your personal details to administer this promotion, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
- A list of winners can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of the closing date.
Rules, Liabilities and Jurisdictions
- RELEASES: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to release Sponsor, it’s Promotional Partners, Twitter, Inc. and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance, use or misuse of any prizes (or portion thereof).
- When you enter the competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Information about the prizes and how to enter form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- Lonely Planet does not accept responsibility for your entry into the Prize
Draw or use of the prize which results in:
- loss that was not reasonably foreseeable;
- loss that was not caused by our breach of this deed or by our negligence;
- business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
- losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third-party equipment, or delayed or cancelled flights); and
- any loss caused or contributed to by your breach of conditions of entry of your negligence.
- You agree that if you have a dispute with Lonely Planet in relation to this Prize Draw: (1) it will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claim will be limited to an action at law for damages and you will not be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) you waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and your right to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
- You agree that your entry is your own work.
- The promotion is subject to the laws of the state of Tennessee, United States of America.