This month’s Lonely Planet Kids’ creative challenge is going to turn the world as you know it upside down.
To celebrate the release of Lonely Planet Kids’ You Rule, a book that shows you step-by-step how to design your very own country, we’re giving away a bundle of Lonely Planet Kids books to the entrant who designs the most inspiring country and flag! Two runner ups will also receive a copy of Lonely Planet Kids’ You Rule.
Follow the instructions below with your aspiring King or Queen for your chance to win.
Dust off that crown, throw on those robes and download the activity sheet – get ready, your little ones are going to rule the world, well their world!
Here are some helpful things to think about when completing the activities:
- When naming your country… is there an idea behind your country? Or perhaps a memorable feature? You could add ‘-land’ to the end or you could name it after yourself…you are the founder after all!
- When picking your territory… it could be as close to home or as far away as you wish – you’ve got the whole of earth to choose from! If you’re struggling, perhaps a pick patch in your own back garden, or could a floating island work for your country?
- When designing your flag… most flags consist of blocks of colour, perhaps you could use your favourite colour or a shade that represents your country.
HOW TO ENTER
There are four ways you can help your child enter the competition:
- By email: Scan, upload or take a photo of their completed activity sheet and send it from your email address to Lonely Planet at email@example.com.
- By Twitter: Tweet a photo of their activity sheet to @lpkids including #lpkidschallenge.
- On your blog: Post your child’s entry to your blog and email the blog link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By post: Send a copy of their activity sheet to us via post to:
You Rule competition
c/o Lonely Planet
240 Blackfriars Rd
(Please ensure you include your email address with any entry sent via registered post so we can contact you if your child’s entry is chosen as the winner.)
All entries must be received by 11.59pm (BST) on 30th November 2015. With all entries, please include whether you are happy for us to share your child’s entry on Twitter. This won’t affect their entry in any way.
The most creative and inspiring entrant will win a bundle of Lonely Planet Kids’ books valued at £60 and two runners up will receive a copy of Lonely Planet Kids’ You Rule (worth £9.99).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before entering, here.
For inspiration on how to keep your young explorers entertained while on the road – or at home – check out our Lonely Planet Kids books and apps.