New year, new challenge for your little explorers. Let their imaginations run wild and follow the instructions below for the chance to win a bundle of Lonely Planet Kids books!
Imagine you are a safari guide in East Africa. Tell us (in no more than 200 words) what your life would be like, starting your story with ‘If I were a safari guide…’
Here are some helpful questions to think about:
- Where would you live?
- What would you wear?
- How would you get to work?
- What would your favourite animal on safari be and why?
- What other animals and wildlife would you show your guests?
Feel free to draw a picture to accompany your story. Your parent or guardian can help you write down your ideas. The most creative and inspiring entry will win a selection of Lonely Planet Kids books, including Amazing Jobs.
How to enter
There are three ways you can help your child enter the safari story competition:
1. By email: Scan or take a photo of their entry and send it from your email address to Lonely Planet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. By post: Send their original entry to us via post to:
Safari story competition
c/o Lonely Planet
240 Blackfriars Rd
You will need to include your email address with any entry sent via registered post so we can contact you if your child’s entry is chosen as the winner.
Entries must be received by 31 January 2015.
The lucky winner will receive a selection of Lonely Planet Kids titles, valued at £60.
For inspiration on how to keep your young explorers entertained whilst on the road – or at home – check out our Lonely Planet Kids books and apps.