Information from G Adventures
Travelling overland Africa and camping from Nairobi to Arusha should be on everyone’s bucket list – check it off your list early. Over 13 days, you’ll get a view of Africa that you’ve never imagined – all the wildlife and exotic animals that you’ve seen on TV, of course, but also visits with the Masai tribe in Kenya and friendly locals in rural villages. You’ll come home with a bunch of new friends, a ton of photos to spread across the internet, and memories for a lifetime.
- Your G for Good Moment: Clean Cookstove Project Visit, Mto wa Mbu Your G for Good Moment: Mto wa Mbu Village Visit and Lunch, Mto wa Mbu Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Wildlife safari drives in Masai Mara Game Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park, Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater
- Masai settlement visit and cultural walk
- Boat ride on Lake Naivasha
- Visit to G Adventures-supported Clean Cookstove project
- Guided walk and lunch in a local community
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Snap frame-worthy photos on safari
- Track wildlife on wildlife safari drives in many parks and reserves in two countries
- Marvel at the vastness of the african plains
- Share campfire laughs with like-minded younger travellers
Day 1: Nairobi Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Nairobi/Lake Nakuru National Park Set off on a wildlife safari drive in Lake Nakuru National Park. Enjoy views of the Rift Valley from lookout points.
Day 3: Lake Nakuru National Park/Loita Hills Stop off at the beautiful Lake Naivasha en route for an included wildlife-spotting boat ride before lunch.
Day 4: Loita Hills/Masai Mara Tour an authentic Masai settlement to learn about their traditional ways. Enjoy wildlife safari drives in our overland adventure vehicle (OAV) in search of Kenya's Big Five.
Day 5: Masai Mara Enjoy wildlife safari drives in the overland adventure vehicle (OAV) in search of the Big Five.
Day 6: Masai Mara/Nairobi Enjoy a morning wildlife safari drive, then travel through the land of the Masai people to Nairobi.
Day 7: Nairobi/Arusha Travel south and cross the border into Tanzania.
Day 8: Arusha/Mto wa Mbu Visit Mto wa Mbu village to enjoy a local lunch and cultural experience with the town's villagers. After lunch, continue on to visit a Masai village to learn about the Masai people and the G Adventures-supported Clean Cookstove project. Meet the local women engineers who have installed clean cookstoves throughout these communities.
Day 9: Mto wa Mbu/Serengeti National Park Enjoy a wildlife safari drive en route to the central Serengeti. Spend the night at a basic bush camp and enjoy the starry African skies.
Day 10: Serengeti National Park Enjoy a full-day wildlife safari drive in the safari vehicle. Opt for a morning hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti.
Day 11: Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro Crater Set off on a wildlife safari drive on the way out of the Serengeti. Camp on the Ngorongoro Crater's rim.
Day 12: Ngorongoro Crater/Arusha Wildlife safari drive in the Ngorongoro Crater, then return to Arusha.
Day 13: Arusha/Nairobi Hop on a transfer back to Nairobi, Kenya. Trip finishes upon arrival in the evening.