Information from G Adventures
Jordan is famed for its ancient past but its present is pretty darn compelling, too. The natural and man-made wonders of Petra and Wadi Rum have been drawing travellers here for ages, but the rough-hewn grandeur of Jordan has remained a secret known only to the boldest of thrill-seekers. Trek the rocky hills to isolated villages along the trails near Ajloun, hike down canyons towards the Dead Sea, and discover the Dana Biosphere Reserve. See for yourself why Jordan is a secret we just couldn’t keep to ourselves any longer.
- Your G for Good Moment: Numeira Community Bike tour and Lunch, Jordan Valley Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Bedouin Camp Overnight, Wadi Rum
- Petra guided tour
- Little Petra visit
- Wadi Rum 4x4 excursion
- Trekking Ajloun Reserve
- Trekking Dana Nature Reserve
- Dead Sea visit
- Entrance fees in all included tours
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Trek ajloun and dana nature reserves
- Float in the dead sea
- Go canyoneering and abseiling through wadi mujib
- Set your eyes on the rose city of petra
- Savour a local bedouin meal in the desert of wadi rum
Day 1: Amman Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Amman/‘Ajlūn Travel to the undiscovered Jordan and head north to the Ajloun Nature Reserve for a half day of trekking.
Day 3: ‘Ajlūn/Dead Sea Spend the morning hiking, abseiling, and wading through streams in Wadi Mujib before enjoying a float in the famous Dead Sea.
Day 4: Dead Sea/Petra Visit the impressive Dana Biosphere Reserve and trek through this unique landscape. Transfer to Petra for the night and opt to pay a late night visit to Petra to observe the site illuminated by candlelight.
Day 5: Petra Trek through gorges and canyons from Little Petra to the main attraction: the rose-rock city of Petra. Enjoy a guided tour of this magnificent World Heritage Site.
Day 6: Petra/Wadi Rum Enjoy a free morning exploring Petra before continuing to Wadi Rum in the heart of Jordan's desert. Continue by 4x4 to a Bedouin desert camp in the Deisah desert and enjoy a traditional meal while learning more about the ancient Bedouin culture and history before bunking down under the stars.
Day 7: Wadi Rum/Amman Visit a G Adventures supported community for a bike ride and traditional lunch before heading back to Jordan's capital for the evening.
Day 8: Amman Depart at any time.