Information from Viator
If you are up to a unique adventure where you can enjoy exploring the beauty of Jordan’s natural and man-made sites on your own, this tour is recommended.
This tour includes a four nights accommodation in Amman hotel and two nights in Petra. Below is a suggested itinerary:Day 1 - Amman (D) Get picked up at the Amman Airport, and transferred to your Amman hotel.Overnight stay in Amman Day 2 - Amman - Jerash - Ajlun - Amman (B, D) 105 KMAfter breakfast our representative will meet you to begin your adventure exploring Jordan. Suggested program as following departure to Jerash, one of the most complete and best preserved of the Roman Empire. Proceed to Ajlun to visit the Islamic fortress of Saladin in 1185 A.D. Return to Amman for dinner.Overnight stay in AmmanDay 3 - Amman - Desert Castle - Dead Sea - Amman (B, D) Start this tour by visiting several Islamic medieval desert castles that offer a number of fortresses with fresco art and zodiac dome like: Qasr Amra from the Umayyads era, Qasr Kharaneh a Roman then Umayyed fortress built and completed in 710 AD, and Qaser Azraq where T. E Lawrence of Arabia had his headquarters. Then drive to the Dead Sea, one of the most incredible places in the world. It is by far one of Jordan's most impressive and spectacular places to visit. Its calm shining water glowing from its scorching sun known for the concentration of salt and minerals, which makes it a therapeutic, as well as a unique swimming experience. Then it's back to Amman hotel for dinner.Overnight stay in AmmanDay 4 - Amman - Madaba - Mt. Nebo - Kerak - Petra (B, D) Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to Madaba the "City of Mosaics" where you will visit the church of St. George which houses the map of the Holy Land made in 571 D. C. Continue to Mt. Nebo, known as the tomb of Moses, Then transfer to Kerak to visit its crusader castle which considered one of the biggest castles in the Levant. Continue on to Petra for dinner. Overnight stay in PetraDay 5 - Petra (B, D) After breakfast, visit the Nabatean Red Rose City of Petra, a city carved in stone more than 2,000 years ago to dominate the trade routes of ancient Arabia. Overnight stay in PetraDay 6 - Petra - Wadi Rum - Amman (B, D) After breakfast depart from Petra to visit Wadi Rum, called the valley of moon where the movie Lawrence of Arabia and the Martians was filmed for a classic 2-hour visit in a 4x4 local Jeep. Wadi Rum is a uniquely shaped massive mountain that rose among the rosy-red sand of the desert with towering cliffs of various brownish, reddish, and golden colors. Dive back to Amman for dinner.Overnight stay in AmmanDay 7 - Amman (B) Your tour ends with a ride to the Amman airport after breakfast.
- Round-trip transfer from and to Amman Airport
- Rental car for 5 days to be picked up from Amman hotel on day 2 and drop-off at Amman hotel on day 6
- Four nights’ accommodation in Amman hotel and two nights in Petra Meals as per itinerary (B = Breakfast, D = Dinner at Hotel)
What's not included
- Basic insurance included, in case of accident it will be driver’s responsibility. Amount to be paid 450 JD (approximately 640 USD) per accident.
- Additional insurance cost 8 JD (approximately 12 USD) per day for (CDW) insurance and driver’s responsibility becomes zero.
- Theft protection additional costs is 2 JD (approximately 3 USD) per day.
- All type of beverages and water
- Infant meals
- Tips and portages
- Towels and lockers at the Dead Sea, available to rent
- Admission to sights as per itinerary
- Visa (40 JOD approximately 60.00 USD per person) and Exit Fees (20 JOD approximately 30.00 USD per person), usually already added on the ticket price
- Airport transfer
- Breakfast included
- Dinner included
- Get inside tips from a local