Information from Viator
Discover Jerash, the Dead Sea, Petra and Wadi Rum on this 7 night tour of Jordan from Amman. Explore Amman and admire the city’s impressive Roman theater. Explore ancient ruins in Jerash, float in the Dead Sea’s salty waters and gaze over the rugged Moab Desert. Visit St George’s Church in Madaba and learn of the city’s biblical sites. Take in panoramic views over the Jordan Valley from Mount Nebo. Enjoy a full day’s sightseeing in UNESCO–listed Petra and explore Wadi Rum in style by 4x4 jeep.
Day 1 (Sunday): Arrival in Amman (D)Meet a driver upon arrival in Amman for transfer to your hotel for dinner and an overnight. Day 2 (Monday): Amman Panoramic City Tour – Jerash – Amman (B, D)After breakfast at your hotel, tour the city's traditional markets, churches, mosques, Roman Theater, and modern quarter, then leave Amman for Jerash, a beautifully-preserved Roman City. Step back in time while visiting its streets, theaters, temples, and colonnades on a guided tour. Overnight at the hotel in Amman. Day 3 (Tuesday): Amman – Dead Sea – Amman (B, D)After breakfast at your hotel, descend to the lowest place on earth, the Dead Sea and the desert of Moab. Enjoy free time to swim in its therapeutic waters (entrance to the Dead Sea Resthouse and towels not included). Return to Amman. Overnight at the hotel in Amman. Day 4 (Wednesday): Amman - Madaba – Mount Nebo – Karak or Shobak Kings Highway– Petra (B, D)After breakfast at your hotel, depart to Madaba, the "City of Mosaics." See the map of the Holy Land made in 571 B.C. at the Saint George Church. Continue to Mount Nebo, known as the tomb of Moses, for a magnificent view of the Jordan Valley. Go to Karak or Shobak through the Kings’ Highway, then visit a fortress built between 1110 and 1143 B.C., with gorgeous panoramic views. Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Petra.Day 5 (Thursday): Petra (B, D)After breakfast at your hotel, spend a full day exploring the Nabatean city of Petra, carved out of rock over 2,000 years ago. You'll access the city through through the Siq, a canyon that leads to the monumental Treasury, which is believed to have held countless treasures. Other monuments you'll see include the Theatre, the Byzantine Church, and the Royal Tombs, with the option to climb up to the monastery on your own. Return to hotel. Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Petra.Day 6 (Friday): Petra – Wadi Rum – Aqaba (B, D)After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to the Wadi Rum desert, one of the most spectacular settings in the Middle East, where scenes from the film Lawrence of Arabia were shot. Take a two hour 4x4 tour through the desert sand, with views of the dramatic granite mountains. Transfer to Aqaba for dinner and an overnight at an Aqaba hotel.Day 7 (Saturday): (B, D)After breakfast at your hotel, transfer from Aqaba to a hotel in Amman. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
- Arrival Transfer Only
- Transfer by a leisure air conditioned vehicle according number of participants (Seat in Coach)
- Local English Speaking Guide for classic visit/s of Jerash, Madaba Saint George Church, Mount Nebo and Petra.
- Four nights’ accommodation in Amman hotel and two nights’ accommodation in Petra hotel and one night in Aqaba. Meals as per itinerary (B = Breakfast, D = Dinner at Hotel)
What's not included
- Departure Transfer
- Lunches at own expenses
- Infant meals
- All type of beverages and water
- Admission to additional sites not mentioned in the program
- Other: Towels in the Dead Sea
- Any other service not mentioned
- Visa (40 JOD approximately 60.00 USD per person) and Exit Fees (20 JOD approximately 30.00 USD per person, usually already added on the air ticket faire. Borders Exit Fees 10 JOD approximately 15 USD per person)
- Small group ensures personal service
- Breakfast included
- Dinner included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included