Information from Viator
Azraq Wetland Reserve is a wonderful and peaceful place worth a day trip from Amman. The reserve was established to conserve the uniquely precious oasis located in the heart of Jordan’s eastern desert, between a limestone desert in the west and a basalt desert in the east. It is distinguished by lush marshland and natural water collections that form glittering pools and streams, giving Azraq its name, the Arabic word for blue.
The Ramsar Convention declared Azraq Wetland and the adjacent mudflat as a major station for migratory birds on the African-Eurasian flyway in 1977. Be picked up from your hotel in Amman at 8am to visit the wetland, a location of rich biodiversity, providing a natural habitat for numerous aquatic and terrestrial species, including the Azraq Killifish. A variety of birds flock to the reserve each year, stopping for a short rest along their migration routes, staying for the winter, or breeding within the wetland. The Azraq wetland is the only oasis in the Arabian Desert with a self-replenishing system that has allowed it to sustain itself throughout the years. After enjoying the wildlife you will be taken back to Amman.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transfer by air-conditioned vehicle according number of participants
- English-speaking driver
- Entry/Admission - Azraq Wetland Reserve
What's not included
- Local guide where not mentioned
- Entrance fees to additional sites
- Personal expenses
- Guide – if requested to be arranged directly upon arrival (upon request; surcharge may apply)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included