Information from Viator
A trip through history by visiting the wonderful Complex of La Storia in Mount Nebo, it was well established to tell the main bible stories and onward to show the Jordanian culture past to present. Off to visit Mukawir this dramatic hilltop is the location of the imprisonment and execution of John the Baptist.
Visit the Storia Complex in Mount Nebo an exciting journey through history to experience Jordan’s religious, historical and cultural heritage. It is located two kilometers before getting to Mount Nebo. Visit the museum, the handicraft center as well as the largest mosaic portrait. The museum contains all the historical stories mentioned in the three holy books, and this shows the religious coexistence between the Christianity and Islam, and the museum embodies all the old handicrafts in a moving statues.Proceed to visit Mukawir (Machaerus), a fortified hilltop palace located in Jordan fifteen miles (24 km) southeast of the mouth of the Jordan River on the eastern side of the Dead Sea. According to Flavius Josephus, it is the location of the imprisonment and execution of John. According to the chronology of the Bible, this infamous execution took place in 32 AD shortly before the Passover, following an imprisonment of two years. The site also provides the setting for four additional New Testament characters: Herod the Great; his son, Tetrach Herod Antipas; his second wife, Princess Herodias, and her daughter, Princess Salome.
- Hotel pick-up and drop -off
- Private Transfer by a leisure air conditioned vehicle according number of participants
- English-speaking driver
- Entry/Admission - La Storia Tourism Complex
What's not included
- Local guide where not mentioned
- All type of meals, beverages and water
- Infant meals
- Entrance fees to additional sites
- Any other service not mentioned
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors