- Machneyuda Always-busy place serving playful haute-cuisine.
- Abu Shukri Widely hailed as the best hummus and falafel joint in the Old City.
- Modern Contemporary Israeli cuisine with Sephardic twist in an artistically designed setting.
- Pinati Tiny, packed lunchtime spot for hummus, schnitzel and shakshuka.
- Anna Stylish setting in a historic house for meticulously prepared Italian cuisine.
By Budget: $
- Hamarakia Daily specials of fresh, nourishing soups.
- Pasta Basta Tomato and cream sauces on fresh-made pasta.
- Lina Restaurant One of the Old City's best hummus and falafel joints.
- Al Ayed Kebabs and Palestinian specialities outside Damascus Gate.
- Yemenite Falafel Center Takeaway shop with arguably the city's best falafel with Yemenite Jewish flavours.
By Budget: $$
- Azura Bubbling kerosene cauldrons of Iraqi specialities.
- Hachapuria Bustling spot serving a variety of Georgian stuffed dough mains.
- Morduch Kibbeh is the highlight at this long-running Mahane Yehuda spot serving Mizrahi-style cuisine.
- Eucalyptus Innovative Bible-themed menu just outside Jaffa Gate.
- Diwiny Pita Bar Happening spot with not your standard stuffed pitas.
By Budget: $$$
- Machneyuda Pioneering and innovative market-driven cuisine.
- Anna Simple but impeccably prepared fish and Italian fare in an airy 19th-century villa.
- Yudale Creative modern fusion cuisine in a cool spot on the edge of Mahane Yehuda.
- Lev Smadar Intimate Italian bistro attached to a cinema.
- Angelica Reservations required at this sophisticated place with a blend of Israeli and international fare.
- Al Amin Sweets & Bakery Palestinian-owned shop close to Damascus Gate with signature Jerusalem baked goods.
- Marzipan Sugary, decadent rugelach (croissants) and other bite-size treats.
- Angel Bakery Go-to source for chocolate rugelach and bourekas (flaky pastries).
- Lendner Bakery Revered for churning out delicious challah for generations.
- Jaafar Sweets Well-known Palestinian vendor selling kunafeh, baklava and Turkish delight.
- Zalatimo Old City hideaway famous for its speciality stuffed pastries.
- Mousseline Small shop with unusual ice flavours near Mahane Yehuda.
- Katzefet Frozen yoghurt, ice cream and smoothies just off busy Ben Yehuda.