Information from G Adventures
Japan in winter is simply unforgettable. Join this nine-day tour to explore big cities like Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka, as well as sights you'll only find away from the bright lights like the iconic geisha district in Kanazawa. Visit the Swiss-like village of Shirakawa-go before heading to Kawayu Onsen to enjoy local-style accommodation and the traditional onsens (outdoor hot springs) that make winter tours in this country so fun. Make next winter something special in Japan.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Wellness Moment: Seninburo Hot Spring Visit, Hongū
- CEO-led city tours of Tokyo
- Nagamachi samurai district walk
- Traditional inn stay with meals
- Orientation walk of Osaka
- Instant Ramen Museum visit (Osaka)
- CEO-led city tour of Kyoto, including entrance to Nijo Castle and Kinkakuji Golden Pavillion
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (7 days)
- Transport to/from all included activities and between all destinations
- Discover samurai architecture in kanazawa
- Combat winter's chill soaking in outdoor onsen spas
- Sleep in a traditional inn and enjoy a local dinner
- Create your own instant ramen in osaka
- Celebrate the season at local festivals (select departures).
Day 1: Tokyo Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Tokyo Enjoy a morning tour of some of the city's highlights. With a free afternoon, opt to explore more of Tokyo's diverse districts.
Day 3: Tokyo/Shirakawa-go It's a long travel day to reach the scenic village of Shirakawa-go. View the unique architecture before settling into a local style inn for the night. Enjoy a traditional dinner.
Day 4: Shirakawa-go/Kanazawa Enjoy a traditional breakfast before travelling to Kanazawa by bus. Wander through the samurai village on a short guided walk. Opt to visit the impressive 21st Century Museum, the geisha district, or Kenrokuen garden.
Day 5: Kanazawa/Kawayu Onsen Travel to Kawayu Onsen in the Kii mountains and settle into the traditional inn for the evening. Visit the seninburo onsen, dug into the riverbed, and soak in the natural hot spring. Savour a traditional dinner at the inn.
Day 6: Kawayu Onsen/Osaka Spend a free morning in the area. Opt to walk along the ancient Kumano Kodo pilgrimage trail or visit the Hongu Taisha Shrine and giant torii gate of Oyu No Hara. Travel to Osaka in the late afternoon and opt for a night out in buzzing Namba.
Day 7: Osaka Visit the Instant Ramen Museum and create your own instant noodles. Explore this vibrant city with free time, opting to visit Osaka Castle Park or browse Shinsaibashi's trendy shops.
Day 8: Osaka/Kyoto Continue on to nearby Kyoto and enjoy a morning city tour. With options like a tea ceremony, a traditional costume photo shoot, and visits to temples or museums, there's tons to see and do.
Day 9: Kyoto Depart at any time. We highly recommend booking post-accommodation to fully experience this historic city.