Information from G Adventures
From the Buddhist monks of Kōyasan to the high rollers of Tokyo, see the many faces of Japan on this condensed tour beginning in Osaka. Savour the region’s culinary delicacies and the beautiful views at Mt Fuji. You'll stay in a traditional ryokan and really soak up local culture in onsen hot springs. A great combination of the traditional and the contemporary, this adventure provides a taste of the rich culture of Japan.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Overnight in Mount Kōya Temple, Kōyasan
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima Island excursion
- Nijo Castle and gardens visit (Kyoto)
- Gion walk
- Fushimi Inari shrine visit
- Lake Ashino-ko boat ride (Hakone)
- Traditional ryokan stay with kaiseki meal
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (7 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Take in views of mt fuji
- Stay in temple lodging and a traditional ryokan
- Gaze at the famous floating torii gate in miyajima
- Explore kyoto's nijo castle
Day 1: Osaka Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Osaka/Kōyasan Depart early and travel to the centre of Buddhism in Japan and sleep in a temple atop the 800m Mt Koya. Savour a traditional dinner of shojin ryori (Buddhist vegetarian cuisine). Watch the monks pray in the morning.
Day 3: Kōyasan/Hiroshima Watch the monks pray in the morning and enjoy a traditional breakfast before travelling to Hiroshima. This afternoon, visit the Peace Park and Memorial Museum commemorating the events of 1945.
Day 4: Hiroshima Take a ferry ride over to the sacred island of Miyajima to see the famous floating Torii Gate. Opt to hike around Mt Misen.
Day 5: Hiroshima/Kyoto Travel to Kyoto and start exploring. Visit the impressive Nijo Castle and gardens, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the evening, explore the geisha district of Gion on a CEO-led walking tour.
Day 6: Kyoto Enjoy a visit to the beautiful Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine and walk under the bright torii gates. Opt to shop, stroll along the riverbank, or explore another of Kyoto's many temples with free time.
Day 7: Kyoto/Hakone Take a boat ride on Lake Ashino-ko, and hopefully catch a glimpse of majestic Mt Fuji. Enjoy a stay in traditional ryokan accommodation, feast on a Japanese multi-course kaiseki meal, soak in the natural hot springs, and sleep on a futon.
Day 8: Hakone/Tokyo Head to Tokyo with time to do some last-minute shopping.
Day 9: Tokyo Depart at any time.