Information from G Adventures
From the towers and gadgets of Tokyo to the serenity of sacred shrines and the soaring beauty of Mt Fuji, this tour provides the perfect blend of guided excursions and free time to explore this fascinating region at your own pace. Linger in the gardens of Kyoto, shoot through the mountain air on a Shinkansen bullet train, and stay in a traditional ryokan for the ultimate in Japanese luxury.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Kyoto Your Wellness Moment: Onsen Spa Visit, Kawaguchiko Your Discover Moment: Tokyo
- Higashi Geisha District visit (Kanazawa)
- Kenroku-en garden visit
- Nagamachi Samurai District walk (Kanazawa)
- Hida No Sato folk village visit (Takayama)
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima Island excursion
- Nijo Castle and gardens visit
- Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion visit
- Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine visit
- Lake Kawaguchiko (Five Lakes Region) walk
- Kaiseki dinner
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (14 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Experience the past in takayama's folk village and kyoto's historic centre
- Explore kanazawa castle
- Lose yourself in the picturesque kenroku-en garden
- Marvel at iconic mt fuji and miyajima's floating torii gate
Day 1: Tokyo Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Tokyo/Kanazawa Arrive in Kanazawa and explore the city's well-preserved geisha district.
Day 3: Kanazawa Stroll through Keroku-en, ranked one of the nation's top three gardens before exploring the historic Nagamachi samurai district.
Day 4: Kanazawa/Takayama Arrive in picturesque Takayama and relax in the traditional Japanese inn.
Day 5: Takayama Explore the Hida No Sato traditional folk village, and walk the quaint streets of the old town – lined with sake breweries and craft shops. Enjoy the rest of the day to explore the area.
Day 6: Takayama/Hiroshima Arrive in Hiroshima and visit the Peace Park and Museum to learn more about the tragic history of this city.
Day 7: Hiroshima Take a ferry to the sacred island of Miyajima to see the famous floating Torii Gate and meet the friendly local deer.
Day 8: Hiroshima/Kyoto Travel to historic Kyoto. Explore the marvellous Fushimi Inari shrine and walk under thousands of torii gates.
Day 9: Kyoto Wander the impressive Nijo Castle and gardens before visiting Kyoto's iconic Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion.
Day 10: Kyoto Spend a full free day discovering the Zen gardens, huge wooden temples, pagodas and shrines of Kyoto. Opt to enjoy the Zen gardens of Ryoan-ji and the Silver Pavilion, and take a leisurely stroll down the lovely Philosopher’s path to Nanzen-ji.
Day 11: Kyoto/Fujikawaguchiko Travel to the Mt Fuji region and enjoy optional walks around Lake Kawaguchi. Savour an amazing multi-course Japanese kaiseki dinner.
Day 12: Fujikawaguchiko/Tokyo Enjoy a morning in Kawaguchiko exploring the Five Lakes region on foot. Later, travel to Tokyo by train.
Day 13: Tokyo Explore buzzing Tokyo with a free day.
Day 14: Tokyo Depart at any time. We highly recommend booking post-accommodation to fully experience this vibrant city.