Information from G Adventures
From the towers and gadgets of Tokyo to the serenity of sacred shrines, this trip provides the perfect blend of guided excursions and free time to explore this fascinating region at your own pace. Linger in the gardens of Kyoto, shoot through the mountain air on a Shinkansen bullet train, and stay in a traditional ryokan for the ultimate in Japanese luxury. The adventure culminates with a two-day ascent of sacred Mt Fuji – reaching the nation's tallest peak just in time for an unforgettable sunrise.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Discover Moment: Kyoto Your Wellness Moment: Onsen Spa Visit, Kawaguchiko
- Higashi Geisha District visit (Kanazawa)
- Kenroku-en garden visit
- Nagamachi Samurai District walk (Kanazawa)
- Hida No Sato folk village visit (Takayama)
- Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit
- Miyajima Island excursion
- Nijo Castle and gardens visit (Kyoto)
- Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion visit
- Fushimi Inari Shrine visit
- 2-day Mt Fuji hike
- Kaiseki dinner
- Japan Rail (JR) pass (14 days)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Experience the past in takayama's folk village and kyoto's historic centre
- Lose yourself in the picturesque kenroku-en garden
- Marvel at miyajima's iconic floating torii gate
- Hike to the peak of sacred mt fuji.
Day 1: Tokyo Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Tokyo/Kanazawa Arrive in Kanazawa and explore the city's well-preserved geisha district.
Day 3: Kanazawa Stroll through Keroku-en, ranked one of the nation's top three gardens before exploring the historic Nagamachi samurai district.
Day 4: Kanazawa/Takayama Arrive in picturesque Takayama and relax in the traditional Japanese inn.
Day 5: Takayama Explore the Hida No Sato traditional folk village, and walk the quaint streets of the old town – lined with sake breweries and craft shops. Enjoy the rest of the day to explore the area.
Day 6: Takayama/Hiroshima Arrive in Hiroshima and visit the Peace Park and Museum to learn more about the tragic history of this city.
Day 7: Hiroshima Take a ferry to the sacred island of Miyajima to see the famous floating Torii Gate and meet the friendly local deer.
Day 8: Hiroshima/Kyoto Travel to historic Kyoto. Explore the marvellous Fushimi Inari shrine and walk under thousands of torii gates.
Day 9: Kyoto Wander the impressive Nijo Castle and gardens before visiting Kyoto's iconic Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion.
Day 10: Kyoto Spend a full free day discovering the Zen gardens, huge wooden temples, pagodas and shrines of Kyoto. Opt to enjoy the Zen gardens of Ryoan-ji and the Silver Pavilion, and take a leisurely stroll down the lovely Philosopher’s path to Nanzen-ji.
Day 11: Kyoto/Fujikawaguchiko Visit Lake Kawaguchi and go for some optional walks. Enjoy an amazing multi-course Japanese kaiseki dinner and prepare for the next day's hike.
Day 12: Fujikawaguchiko/Mount Fuji Arrive at Station 5 and begin your ascent of this sacred mountain. To slow the pace and help with acclimatization, overnight at Station 8 and rest up before the final push to the summit in the morning.
Day 13: Mount Fuji/Tokyo Wake up early for the final stretch of the hike and reach Japan's tallest peak – 3,776m (12,388 ft) – in time for sunrise. Take in the views from the summit before hiking down. Later, travel by train to Tokyo for one final night in the city.
Day 14: Tokyo Depart at any time. We highly recommend booking post-accommodation to fully experience this vibrant city.