Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Open in May 2013, Khaosan Tokyo Laboratory is centrally located in Asakusa, just a 5-minute walk from the famous Kaminari-Mon Gate. It offers simply furnished rooms with bunk beds and free WiFi throughout. Colourfully decorated rooms feature air conditioning and heating facilities. Some rooms come with a private bathroom, while dormitory-type rooms do not. Guests can unwind in a modern living room or prepare meals at the fully equipped kitchen. Tokyo Khaosan Laboratory offers free luggage and free safety deposit service upon request. A PC with internet access is also available at an additional charge. The hostel is a 5-minute walk from Nakamise Shopping Street, Sensoji Temple and many restaurants. Tawaramachi Station on a 4-minute walk offers easy access to Ueno and Akihabara areas. Asakusa Subway Station is a 10-minute walk away. Meals are not served.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
The full amount of the reservation must be paid when checking in. Credit card is used for guarantee purposes only.
Guests arriving after check-in hours must inform the property in advance. Contact details can be found on the booking confirmation.
Free luggage storage and other services outside of check-in hours are available between 06:00 and 22:00.
Group booking policy (9 or more persons): At time of booking, guests with a group booking will be charged a non-refundable fee for the first 2 nights.This policy will apply to groups making separate reservations as well. (Example: 3 different reservations with 3 persons each, amounting to a total of 9 persons).
When using an existing bed in a private room only, children under 6 years old can stay free of charge. Please note that adult rates are applicable to children 7 years and older.
Please note that children 11 years and younger cannot be accommodated in dormitory rooms.
Please inform the hotel at the time of booking, if you’re travelling with a child younger than 10 years old.
Upon request, the hotel will try and accommodate groups in the same room, but availability is not guaranteed in shared dorm rooms. Guests are advised to book private rooms, to stay together.
*** Directions to the hostel ***
[From Narita Airport]
1. 80 minutes with Keisei Line Express Train to Asakusa Station.
2. If the train is Ueno-bound, please change at Aoto Station, on the opposite side of the same platform.
[From Narita Airport with Japan Rail Pass]
1. Circa 60 minutes on Narita Express Train to JR Tokyo Station or Ueno Station.
2. From JR Tokyo Station: 7 minutes by train on JR Yamanote Line or JR Keihin Tohoku Line to Tawaramachi Station.
3. From Ueno Station: 5 minutes by metro on Ginza Line to Tawaramachi Station.
[From Haneda Airport]
45 minutes by train on Keikyu Airport Line to Asakusa Station.
1. Take Exit 3 and continue straight for circa 3 minutes.
2. Turn left at the 3rd corner, where you will find a Police Station.
3. Khaosan Tokyo Laboratory is on the right side of the road.
[From Asakusa Station]
1. Take an elevator and go out Exit A2b.
2. Cross the crosswalk towards 'Family Mart' convenience store directly opposite the street.
3. Turn right and go straight towards 'Kaminari-Mon' (large red gate with big Japanese lantern).
4. Turn left at the 4th corner (in front of Kaminari-Mon), and continue straight for circa 3 minutes.
5. Cross at the crosswalk towards the 'Family Mart' store, and find a Police Station on the right.
6. Khaosan Tokyo Laboratory is on the right side of the road.
Please note: taxis without GPS system sometimes have difficulties finding the property. Guests are recommended to print out a map and come by train.