Budget: Less than ¥8000
- Dorm bed: ¥3000
- Bowl of noodles: ¥750
- Happy hour beer: ¥500
- City one-day subway pass: ¥600
- One temple or museum entry: ¥500
- Double room at a business hotel: ¥10,000
- Dinner for two at an izakaya (Japanese pub-eatery): ¥6000
- Half-day cycling tour or cooking class: ¥5000
- Temple and museum entries: ¥1500
Top End: More than ¥20,000
- Double room in a nice hotel: from ¥25,000
- Dinner for two at a good sushi restaurant: from ¥15,000
- Taxi ride between city sights: ¥2500
Bargaining is not common practice in Japan; flea markets are an exception, but a hard approach would still be considered rude.
Many of the accommodation options, most of which are traditional inns, and restaurants here won't take credit cards. Post offices and convenience stores (with international ATMs) can be found in the larger towns on the coast and also in Kōya-san.