Information from G Adventures
Escape the all-inclusive resorts and see a side of Jamaica that few tourists experience on this whirlwind ten-day adventure. Meet true Rastafarians and learn about the original inhabitants of the island while hiking through lush wilderness. Visit the Bob Marley Museum and Rick's Café for a taste of culture with a splash of fun in the sun. With plenty of time to relax on Jamaica's famous white-sand beaches, you're going to come back well rested – and with a real understanding of this vibrant island.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Charles Town Maroon Village Experience, Charles Town
- Rastafarian village tour with lunch
- Rick's Café visit (Negril)
- Beach time in Negril, Treasure Beach, and Ocho Rios
- Charles Town Maroon Village experience with hike to a local swimming hole
- Bob Marley Museum entrance (Kingston)
- Lunch with drumming and dancing
- Free time in Negril, Treasure Beach, and Kingston
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Relax on world-class beaches around the island
- Bargain at the local markets
- Visit a rastafarian village
- Learn to drum and dance with the locals at a maroon village
- Experience a different side of this familiar island
Day 1: Montego Bay Arrive at any time.
Day 2: Montego Bay/Negril En route to Negril, visit a Rastafarian indigenous village including drumming lessons, a delicious lunch and information about fruits, vegetables and medicinal plants. Later, visit famous Rick's Café. Opt to enjoy an evening cocktail while watching the locals dive from the scenic cliffs.
Day 3: Negril Spend a whole day enjoying Negril. With beach time or a number of other activities.
Day 4: Negril/Treasure Beach Travel to Treasure Beach and opt to chill out on the secluded beach or visit the seven waterfalls of YS Falls.
Day 5: Treasure Beach Spend the day enjoying paradise. Opt to take a local boat ride to search for dolphins and crocodiles in their natural environment or visit the unique Pelican Bar out at sea.
Day 6: Treasure Beach/Kingston Travel to the capital city of Kingston. Visit the Bob Marley Museum or opt to visit plenty of historical sights full of Caribbean pirate lore.
Day 7: Kingston Enjoy a free day to explore. Opt for a tour of a Blue Mountain coffee plantation or check out a nearby market for some souvenirs.
Day 8: Kingston/Ocho Rios En route to Ocho Rios, visit a Maroon village. Learn about their important history in Jamaica and visit a secluded river with crystal-clear pools. Enjoy lunch accompanied by traditional drumming and dancing.
Day 9: Ocho Rios Spend a full free day on this idyllic beach or opt to climb nearby Dunn's River Falls. Opt to bargain for handicrafts at the market, explore Fern Gully, or horseback ride on the beach.
Day 10: Ocho Rios/Montego Bay Travel to Montego Bay where the tour ends on arrival.