Information from G Adventures
There are two types of travellers – those who want to experience authentic local culture and those who want to stay on a resort. This 13-day tour is for the former, especially with the largest music festival in Jamaica included in that experience. Along with three nights at the lively Reggae Sumfest, you’ll explore the entire island, including a Rastafarian indigenous village, Rick's Café, and the Bob Marley Museum. And with plenty of time to relax you’ll understand why Jamaica’s famous white-sand beaches (including Negril’s “Seven Mile Beach,” often rated one of the top ten beaches in the world) are kind of a big deal.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Local Living Moment: Charles Town Maroon Village Experience, Charles Town
- Experience Reggae Sumfest with other G Adventures travellers
- CEOs and G Staff available to offer assistance and support
- Rastafarian village tour with lunch
- Rick's Café visit (Negril)
- Beach time in Negril, Treasure Beach, and Ocho Rios
- Charles Town Maroon village experience with hike to a local swimming hole
- Bob Marley Museum entrance (Kingston)
- Lunch with drumming and dancing
- Free time in Montego Bay, Negril, Treasure Beach, and Kingston
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Relax on world-class beaches
- Dance the night away to local music
- Listen to local and international stars at reggae sumfest
- Visit a rastafarian village
- Watch cliff jumping at the famous rick's café
Day 1: Montego Bay Arrive in time for a 6pm welcome meeting. Jump right into the action tonight and head out with the group to Reggae Sumfest.
Day 2: Montego Bay Enjoy free time during the day to relax or for optional activities. Later, get into the groove with an included ticket to Reggae Sumfest.
Day 3: Montego Bay Take the day for some r&r or check out one of the nearby optional activities. Tonight, get ready for the final party of Reggae Sumfest and dance 'til dawn.
Day 4: Montego Bay Enjoy a free day to regroup after Reggae Sumfest. Meet new members of the group at an evening welcome meeting.
Day 5: Montego Bay/Negril En route to Negril, visit a Rastafarian indigenous village including drumming lessons, a delicious lunch and information about fruits, vegetables and medicinal plants. Later, visit famous Rick's Café. Opt to enjoy an evening cocktail while watching the locals dive from the scenic cliffs.
Day 6: Negril Spend a whole day enjoying Negril. With beach time or a number of other activities.
Day 7: Negril/Treasure Beach Travel to Treasure Beach and opt to chill out on the secluded beach or visit the seven waterfalls of YS Falls.
Day 8: Treasure Beach Spend the day enjoying paradise. Opt to take a local boat ride to search for dolphins and crocodiles in their natural environment or visit the unique Pelican Bar out at sea.
Day 9: Treasure Beach/Kingston Travel to the capital city of Kingston. Visit the Bob Marley Museum or opt to visit plenty of historical sights full of Caribbean pirate lore.
Day 10: Kingston Enjoy a free day to explore. Opt for a tour of a Blue Mountain coffee plantation or check out a nearby market for some souvenirs.
Day 11: Kingston/Ocho Rios En route to Ocho Rios, visit a Maroon village. Learn about their important history in Jamaica and visit a secluded river with crystal-clear pools. Enjoy lunch accompanied by traditional drumming and dancing.
Day 12: Ocho Rios Spend a full free day on this idyllic beach or opt to climb nearby Dunn's River Falls. Opt to bargain for handicrafts at the market, explore Fern Gully, or horseback ride on the beach.
Day 13: Ocho Rios/Montego Bay Travel to Montego Bay where the tour ends on arrival.