Jamaican dollar (J$), US dollar (US$)
Budget: Less than US$100
- Plate of jerk: US$3.50
- Route taxi fare: US$1–2
- Double room: US$50–60
- Red Stripe beer: US$1.20
- Admission to major attractions: US$20
- Short taxi ride: US$10
- Meal at midrange restaurant: $20
- Single-tank scuba dive: US$50
Top End: More than US$300
- Fine dining: from US$30
- Luxury accommodations: from US$200
- Private taxi hire per day: US$100
Gentle haggling is common in tourist markets for souvenirs; in all other instances you’re expected to pay the stated price.
Scotiabank Has a 24-hour ATM.