Welcome to St Ann’s Bay
This is a small town with a big history. In 1509 the Spaniards built the first Spanish settlement on the island about 700m west of St Ann’s Bay, at Sevilla la Nueva. The site was abandoned within four decades and it was later developed as a British sugar estate. As the plantations grew, the town prospered as a bustling seaport with forts on opposite sides of the bay.