When to Go
High Season (Dec–Mar)
- Expect sunny, warm days, especially on the coast. Little rainfall, except in Port Antonio and the northeast.
- At night it can become chilly, particularly in the mountains.
Shoulder Season (Apr & May)
- Good time to visit; weather is still pretty dry (again, except in Port Antonio).
- Rates drop for accommodations.
- Far fewer tourists, especially in the big resorts/cruise ports.
Low Season (Jun–Nov)
- Sporadic heavy rainfall across the island, except the south coast.
- Heavy storms, including hurricanes, gear up August to October.
- Many of Jamaica’s best festivals happen in midsummer.