- Hotel Nani Mocenigo Palace Lavish suites in a doge's palace.
- Cima Rosa A stylish bolthole with luxurious suites and Grand Canal views.
- Al Ponte Antico A silk-swathed palazzo with dreamy views of the Rialto bridge.
- Corte di Gabriela Cool, contemporary interiors framed by 19th-century elegance.
- Novecento Plush, bohemian-chic getaway ideal for modern Marco Polos.
- Rosa Salva Hotel Venetian style with a modern twist in San Marco.
By Budget: €
By Budget: €€
- Giardino dei Melograni Bight, modern digs with canal views in the heart of the Ghetto.
- Oltre Il Giardino A romantic garden retreat once home to Alma, Mahler's widow.
- Locanda Fiorita A boutique hotel with elegant rooms and wisteria draped terraces.
- Residenza de L'Osmarin A true B&B with quilted bedspreads and a slap-up breakfast.
- Hotel Bucintoro Ship-shape wood-panelled rooms with lagoon views.
- Villa Lina A 16th-century palazzo home of a Murano master.
By Budget: €€€
- Gritti Palace Artful suites in Venice's finest Grand Canal palace.
- Hotel Nani Mocenigo Palace Frescoed halls and silk-draped rooms in a 15th-century palace.
- Palazzo Abadessa Frescoed rooms, canal views and a lily-scented garden.
- Palazzo Cristo Swish contemporary apartments with eye-popping views.
- Hotel Moresco Of-the-beaten-track luxury on the quiet Rio Novo.
Design or Boutique Hotel
- Palazzo Cristo Sets the benchmark for modern Venetian luxury.
- Corte di Gabriela Design greats bring palace living into the 21st century.
- Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo A decadent concoction of smokey mirrors and curvaceous deco accents.
- Cima Rosa Grand Canal living with an eye to contemporary styling.
- Hotel Moresco Restrained Venetian style and a walled garden.
- DD724 Designer digs filled with modern art in Dorsoduro.
- Al Ponte Antico A Grand Canal hideaway worthy of Casanova.
- Oltre Il Giardino Effortless elegance with a whimsical, artistic soul.
- Locanda Cipriani Rustic style and a garden full of roses.
- B&B Bloom & Settino Cielo Extravagant decor for passionate hearts.
- Ai Cavalieri di Venezia Venetian opulence, love-bird terraces and a rooftop spa.
- Gritti Palace A prestigious, landmark hotel full of opulent details.
- Hotel Nani Mocenigo Palace A 15th-century Gothic palace with a secret garden.
- Palazzo Abadessa A frescoed palace ready for romance since 1540.
- Palazzo Barbarigo Boudoir glamour in a 16th-century palace.
- Hotel Danieli As eccentric and long-lasting as Venice itself.
- Belmond Hotel Cipriani A five-star classic in a gorgeous garden