Information from Viator
• Experience for your private group. Explore the art, culture and medieval history of Italy in this private 8-hour Siena and Chianti countryside tour from Florence. • Discover San Gimignano and the Etruscan town of Volterra while accompanied by a private driver on this 8-hour tour from Florence. Explore each town at your own pace, enjoy the scenery as you travel through the Tuscan countryside, and relax as your driver takes care of all the navigating.
Hop into your luxury minivan in the morning at your hotel or address in Florence, . Travel first to San Gimignano, roughly 1 hour away, where you'll be dropped off at the old city gate San Giovanni. Enjoy free time to explore the city at your own pace and walk along its narrow streets. Your driver will suggest sites for you to visit such as Piazza Duomo, the Collegiata, and Sant'Agostino. View the towers that overlook the town, climbing up as you stroll. Taste the flavors of the town by trying local white wine and award-winning ice cream in Piazza della Cisterna. Stop for lunch (own expense) at a restaurant, local trattoria, or a nearby farmhouse between San Gimignano and Volterra Continue after lunch to Volterra, a city that enchants because of its history and culture. See Etruscan tombs, a Roman amphitheater, and many Medieval buildings. Walk by Palazzo dei Priori, the town hall, and several alabaster workshops, a trade for which the town is known. • Our drivers are all extremely familiar with Tuscany and with the main destinations. They will always share historical information, curiosities and traditions about the area of the sightseeing and they are available for any of your needs.
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
What's not included
- Professional City guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Fully narrated tour
- Day trip (destination A to B)