Information from Viator
• Discover the real Chianti • Taste Organic Wines • Admire postcard landscapesChianti wine is one of the Tuscan excellence, produced already in the Etruscan period and exported to England since 1600, born from the Sangiovese vine variety to which Canaiolo, Malvasia and Trebbiano grapes are united.
ItineraryThis is a typical itinerary for this productChianti wine is one of the Tuscan excellence, produced already in the Etruscan period and exported to England since 1600, born from the Sangiovese vine variety to which Canaiolo, Malvasia and Trebbiano grapes are united. Chianti's "recipe" dates back to the 19th century when the “Iron Baron” Bettino Ricasoli decided to set the quantities, beginning with the norms that will then fall into the Doc and Docg brands.The territory of the Chianti Classico is between Florence and Siena, two cities that have fought for these lands for centuries. The wine is strongly linked to the “terroir”, the close relationship between vines, soil, climate, cultivation methods, a knowledge that has been handed down for centuries. By visiting these untouched villages you will taste the magic of the place and deepen the methods of winemaking and ageing to discover (almost) all the secrets of a wine!The first stop is Panzano in Chianti, where you will immerse yourself in a postcard landscape between hills and vineyards. We will then move to Radda in Chianti, the historical seat of the Chianti League, founded in 1384 by the Florentine Republic. In the climate of eternal conflict between Florence and Siena, here is the legend of the Black Rooster on a gold background, a symbol of Chianti.The wine tasting will take place in a typical winery, a totally organic cellar in both vineyards and the cellar! Wine tasting:- 1 glass of white Chianti- 1 glass of red Chianti Classico- 1 glass of red Chianti Classico "Riserva"All these wines will be accompanied by typical Tuscan appetizers.Duration: 6 hoursLocation: Chianti Road, Tuscany
- Private transport to and from Florence
- Tasting of 3 types of wine with appetizers
- The advice and guidance of an expert sommelier
- Alternative menu 0-12 years
What's not included