Information from G Adventures
Experience life the local way and you’ll experience a Tuscany that most tourists miss. This trip offers plenty of opportunity to get your hands dirty during a cooking class, as you’ll learn to prepare and enjoy this picturesque region’s culinary and viticultural delights. Peruse the local markets and delis in search of the finest organic fare, sample wines in the very vineyards that produced them, and work off all that deliciousness with walks through some of the world’s most beautiful scenery. Just start forwarding your mail here now.
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group Your Foodie Moment: Lunch and Local Wine Tasting, Bagno Vignoni Your Foodie Moment: Cooking Class, Chianciano Terme Your Local Living Moment: Agriturismo Tour, Chianciano Terme
- Hands-on cooking class using local organic produce
- Wine tasting with local meats and cheeses
- Visit to Montalcino and Abbey Sant'Antimo
- Half-day Montepulciano excursion
- Five home-cooked dinners at the agriturismo
- Tour of agriturismo's orchards, fields and cellar
- Transport between destinations and included activities
- Learn traditional recipes and eat delicious tuscan cuisine
- Tour the agriturismo's organic orchards and wine cellar and learn more about the slow food movement
- Visit medieval montalcino and sample delicious local wines
- Explore the tuscan countryside and stone-walled hill towns.
Day 1: Rome Arrive any time.
Day 2: Rome/Chianciano Terme Orientation walk of Rome. Transfer to an agriturismo located outside the charming hill town of Chianciano Terme and get settled in. Enjoy the first of many delicious multi-course home cooked Italian dinners.
Day 3: Chianciano Terme Visit Chianciano Terme, with free time in the afternoon to enjoy lunch followed by a local wine tasting.
Day 4: Chianciano Terme Visit the medieval hilltop town of Montepulciano. Enjoy an included half-day cooking class in the afternoon.
Day 5: Chianciano Terme We are in for a treat as our host, Stefano, takes us through his orchards, fields, and cellar showing us local produce from the ground up.
Day 6: Chianciano Terme Visit the quintessential Tuscan hill town of Montalcino and stop along the way for Gregorian chanting at the famous Abbey of Sant'Antimo.
Day 7: Chianciano Terme/Rome Morning transfer to Rome. Depart from the Rome train station in the afternoon.