Information from Viator
A private walking tour of Stresa, Lake Maggiore's most exclusive town accompanied by a local and experienced private tour guide.
Your local licensed guide will take you on a private tour of Stresa to discover lake Maggiore's most elegant town. During your guided walk you will step back in time. You will discover how a little fishermen's village has become a renowned and sophisticated town. The old traditions and activities, Stresa during the Belle Epoque time and the illustrious visitors who came to Stresa. Your guide will point out the incredible landscape around: the Italian Alps, the hills, isola Bella and the famous Borromeo islands. The Grand Hotels and the elegant villas as well as the Orient Express train and the times when the aristocracy travelled by horses and carriages will be part of the story. Meeting point will be you hotel lobby in Stresa or another easy meeting point will be fixed.
- A private guided tour with a local official tour guide
What's not included
- Transportation to/from Stresa if you are not based in Stresa
- Family friendly
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience