A branch of one of Italy’s oldest pharmacies stocks natural perfumes and cosmetics as well as herbal infusions, teas and potpourri, all shelved in wooden, glass-fronted cabinets under a flamboyant Murano chandelier. The original pharmacy was founded in Florence in 1612 by the Dominican monks of Santa Maria Novella, and today many of its cosmetics are still based on 17th-century herbal recipes.

There's a second branch at Via delle Carrozze 87.