- Benheart Handmade, street-fashion shoes and jackets by one of Italy's savviest young talents.
- Porta Portese Market Mammoth, Sunday-morning flea market.
- Confetteria Moriondo & Gariglio Historic chocolate shop selling handmade chocolates made from 19th-century recipes.
- Re(f)use Ethical fashion accessories by Roman designer Ilaria Venturini Fendi.
- La Bottega del Marmoraro Carve out a message for a loved one in marble on enchanting, ivy-strewn Via Margutta.
- Salumeria Roscioli Foodie heaven.
- Volpetti Bulging with delicious delicacies, and notably helpful staff.
- Antica Caciara Trasteverina Wonderful, century-old deli in Trastevere brimming with gourmet cheeses and salami (can be vacuum-packed to transport home), dried foodstuffs etc.
- Salumeria Roscioli Byword for foodie excellence, with mouth-watering Italian and foreign delicacies.
- Biscottificio Innocenti Enchanting, old-world biscuit shop in a Trastevere backstreet.
- Eataly Mall-scale food shop, filled with products from all over Italy, as well as books, cooking utensils and more.
- Confetteria Moriondo & Gariglio A magical-seeming chocolate shop.
- Almost Corner Bookshop Superbly stocked, English-language bookshop.
- Feltrinelli International Limited but excellent range of latest releases in English, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese.
- Open Door Bookshop Second-hand books in English, Italian, French and Spanish.
- Libreria l'Argonauta Travel literature specialist.
- Le Artigiane Handmade clothes, costume jewellery, ceramics, design objects and lamps.
- Artisanal Cornucopia Chic concept store showcasing handmade, artisan pieces by Italian designers.
- Ibiz – Artigianato in Cuoio Father-and-daughter workshop, producing wallets, bags and sandals in a kaleoscope of butter-soft leathers.
- Il Sellaio Beautifully crafted leather bags, belts and accessories.
- Flumen Profumi Artisan fragrances with a 'made in Rome' couture label.
- Re(f)use Ethical fashion: bags and jewellery made from upcycled objects by Rome-born designer Ilaria Venturini Fendi.
- Tina Sondergaard Retro-inspired dresses, adjusted to fit, at this bijou Monti boutique.
- Antica Manifattura Cappelli Elegant atelier-boutique of Rome milliner Patrizia Fabri.
- Gente An emporium-style, multi-label boutique; essential stop for Roman fashionistas.
- Manila Grace Essential homegrown label for dedicated followers of fashion.
- Balenciaga Fashion shopping in a designer, 19th-century palazzo with vintage furniture and 'aristocratic residence' vibe.
Gifts & Souvenirs
- La Bottega del Marmoraro Commission a marble inscription to remind you of Rome.
- Federico Buccellati Handcrafted silverware by one of Italy's most prestigious silver- and goldsmiths.
- Flumen Profumi Unique 'made in Rome' scents at an artisan perfumery in Tridente.
- Fabriano Deeply desirable leather-bound diaries, quirky paper jewellery by local designers and products embossed with street maps of Rome.
- I Colori di Dentro Take the Roman sun home with a painting by Maria Grazia Luffarelli.
- Aldo Fefè Beautifully hand-crafted notebooks and photo albums by artisan Aldo Fefè.
- Benheart Handmade, highly fashionable leather shoes for men and women by one of Italy's most talented young designers.
- Marta Ray Women’s ballerina flats in a rainbow of stylish colours.
- Fausto Santini Rome’s best-known shoe designer, known for beguilingly simple, architectural shoe designs.
- Giacomo Santini Outlet shop for end-of-season, Fausto-designed shoes at a snip of the original price.
- Rechicle Vintage fashion boutique: find that perfect pair of vintage, Roger Vivier comma heels or Georgio Armani stilettos.
- Borini Unfussy shop for women's high-street footwear fashions.