- Auditorium Parco della Musica An incredible venue hosting an eclectic, must-see program of music, art and more.
- Terme di Caracalla Opera and ballet performed with the amazing backdrop of the ruined Roman Baths of Caracalla.
- Teatro dell'Opera di Roma Rome's premier opera house.
- Roma Incontra il Mondo Cool world music festival in the parklands of Villa Ada.
- Caffè Letterario Entertaining post-industrial all-rounder, in a former garage in southern Rome: fantastic live music and intellectual lounge vibe.
- Nuovo Cinema Palazzo Alternative film, theatre, live music and DJ sets in an old cinema.
- Auditorium Parco della Musica Great acoustics, top international classical musicians and multiple concert halls.
- Teatro dell’Opera di Roma Great, red-velvet and gilt interior for Rome's opera and dance companies.
- Terme di Caracalla Wonderful outdoor setting for summer opera and ballet.
- Chiesa di Sant’Agnese in Agone Chamber music in a Baroque church overlooking Piazza Navona.
For Live Gigs
- Nuovo Cinema Palazzo Exciting creative happenings in San Lorenzo's former Palace Cinema.
- Blackmarket Bar filled with vintage sofas and armchairs, great for eclectic, mainly acoustic live music.
- Caffè Letterario Live gigs in a post-industrial space of a former garage: designer looks, gallery, co-working space, stage and lounge bar.
- Lanificio 159 Ex-wool factory hosting underground live gigs alongside club nights.
- ConteStaccio Free live music on the Testaccio clubbing strip.
- Alexanderplatz Rome's foremost jazz club, with a mix of international and local musicians.
- Auditorium Parco della Musica Stages, among other things, the Roma Jazz Festival.
- Charity Café Spindly tables and chairs, in an intimate space, hosting regular live gigs.
- Big Mama An atmospheric Trastevere venue for jazz, blues, funk, soul and R&B.
- Gregory's Jazz Club Popular with local musicians, a smooth venue close to the Spanish Steps.
- Scavi Archeologici di Ostia Antica Wonderful summer theatre in the ancient amphitheatre built by Agrippa.
- Teatro Argentina Rome’s premier theatre with a wide-ranging programme of plays, performances and concerts.
- Silvano Toti Globe Theatre Open-air Elizabethan theatre, like London's Globe, but with better weather (plays in Italian).
- Teatro India The alternative home of the Teatro di Roma.
- Carnevale Romano Processions, costumes, parties and confetti – a blow-out before Lent celebrating the end of winter.
- Roma Incontra il Mondo Glorious World music acts play close to the lake in Villa Ada.
- Lungo il Tevere Open-air cinema and stalls line the Tiber riverbank and Tiberina island.
- Romaeuropa Autumn celebration of theatre, opera and dance.
- Festa de' Noantri Trastevere's raucous street party in July.