Information from Viator
Master the basics of hand-to-hand combat at a genuine gladiator school on the ancient Appian Way. You'll discover the secrets of Imperial Rome's gladiator games, get hands-on with ancient Roman history and have the best fun you can imagine!
During your two-hour lesson, your gladiator instructor will teach you how to fight with authentic weapons used by the gladiators of ancient Rome. Lessons are organized and led by members of the Historic Group of Rome who specialize in the re-enactment of Roman life and gladiatorial combat.Don't miss this opportunity to re-create Roman history and life as a gladiator. Dressed in a traditional gladiator tunic, belt, leather protective glove and rudis (training sword), you can let your imagination run wild as you play like Spartacus for a day, fighting off ferocious lions and sword-wielding warriors!Next, learn the basic techniques of gladiatorial sword fighting and take part in an optional gladiatorial tournament, with the winner receiving a victory prize. All participants receive a certificate of accomplishment.If you're fascinated by Roman Gladiators but not sure if you're up for it, you can choose to watch friends or family free of charge. There's a great viewing platform. Are you up to the challenge of this truly Roman experience combining culture, sport and ancient legends!
- 2 hour class to become a Roman Gladiator in a Day
- Lessons are instructed by members of the Historic Group of Rome
- Gladiator clothing and weapons hire for the duration of your lesson!
- Entry/Admission - Gladiator School of Rome
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and beverages, unless specified
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Free drinks included
- Family friendly