Information from Viator
A great full day excursion of the ancient archaeological site of Pompeii and the suggestive Amalfi Coast, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Travelling in a private group of no more than 6 people with an air-conditioned minivan. With an official Pompeii guide, you’ll explore the remains of the ancient city, which was frozen in time after an ancient volcanic eruption. Then head to the coast and stop at Positano in time for lunch. Finish with free time to explore and shop in nearby Amalfi, before your return to Rome.
ItineraryThis is a typical itinerary for this productStop At: Pompeii - Archaeological Area., Pompeii, Province of Naples, CampaniaFirst stop will be at the Pompeii archeological site, where you will be guided by our official guide through the highlights of this intact ancient Roman city. You will visit the main areas of Pompeii, such as the Macellum (food market), the Thermal Baths, the areas where the Romans would gather to have dinner and wine as well as the homes of wealthy citizens, while learning about their customs and traditionsDuration: 2 hoursStop At: Welcome Italy - Day Tours, Rome, LazioAfter leaving Pompeii, you will head towards the Amalfi coast. On the way to your next destination, Positano, there will be a stop for lunch. Continuing along the Amalfi coast, you will admire, and purchase if you like, the famous Pottery of the town of Positano and Amalfi. Your professional English-speaking tour guide will give you useful information for visiting the area and free time to enjoy these places. A very exciting experience that will last a lifetime. After, you will return to the Eternal City.Duration: 4 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (central Rome only)
- Transport by air-conditioned in a minivan de luxe
- Official guide 2 hours in Pompeii
- Assistant for the whole trip
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii - Archaeological Area.
What's not included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver