Sardinia is a safe island, but use common sense.
- Stash away your valuables and lock hire cars.
- In case of theft or loss, report the incident at the questura (municipal police station) within 24 hours and ask for a statement, otherwise your travel-insurance company won’t pay up.
Government Travel Advice
The following government websites offer up-to-date travel advisories:
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (www.smarttraveller.gov.au)
- British Foreign Office (www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice)
- Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs (http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety)
- New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade (www.safetravel.govt.nz)
- US State Department (http://travel.state.gov)