Information from Viator
Don’t miss this great shore excursion with a professional guide and private trasportation that will make you live a special day in Caserta and Capua. On this tour you will come to the Amphitheater where legendary gladiator Spartacus once fought as gladiator and where he started his famous slave uprising which shook southern Italy for several years.The tour continues in the afternoon with the transfer to the Royal Palace of Caserta, which is surely the largest and the most gorgeous royal palace in the world. Stroll in the gardens to see the great waterfall. The park covers 120 acres, with long avenues and many buildings that can be explored either by walk or by carts.
- Pick up at your accommodation- Arrival at Santa Maria Capua Vetere and visit to the Amphiteater of Spartacus, the gladiators Museum, the Mithraeum and the archaeological Museum.- Transfer to Caserta- Explore the royal Palace of Caserta. Look at the royal apartments, decorated in a mix of Rococo and Neoclassic styles, and learn how the best painters contributed to create the highest decoration of 18th-century Italy. Visit the Murat's apartment, court theater, and much more.- Move with a shuttle-bus around the English gardens where you can admire the cascade of fountains and pools, as well as the Great Falls with a dramatic sculpture of Diana transforming Actaeon into a deer.- Drop off at your accommodation
- Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the visit by a certified local guide
- Full day private transportation by a professional driver
- Transportation by the shuttle bus in the royal gardens
- All taxes, gas and parking expenses
What's not included