Information from Viator
No visit to southern Italy would be complete without a visit to the unique ruins of Pompeii, and this tour is perfect if you're short of time. Explore the ancient city covered by volcanic dust from Mt Vesuvius in AD 79, and see the excavated remains of the Forum, Thermal Baths, Lupanare and Vetti's House.
ItineraryThis is a typical itinerary for this productStop At: Pompeii - Archaeological Area., Pompeii, Province of Naples, CampaniaPick-up and drop off door to door service. Transfer from Sorrento to Pompei and from Pompei to Sorrento by new and confortable minibus, tickets in Pompei (euro 15,00 per person included), professional guide in English, French, Spanish or Italian inside the ruins, who will show you in a 2-hour walking tour the most fascinating places like the Forum, Thermal Baths, Lupanare burnt by volcanic ashes and lapilli during the eruption in 79 A.D. You have the opportunity to discover the everyday life of the Imperial age and imagine the panic of the people before the city was so disastrously buried. Departure from Pompei at around 13:30 and return around 14:00-14:30 (depending on traffic conditions you can return at 15:00); drop off where we picked you up in the morning. It's a trip not to be missed for any visitor coming into this region of Italy.Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by shared air-conditioned van
- Narration by a professional guide
- Entrance Ticket to Pompeii Archaeological Site (15 euros)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii - Archaeological Area.
What's not included
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour