When to go and weather
High Season (Jul–Aug)
- Queues and crowds at big sights, beaches and on the road, especially August.
- Numerous restaurants and shops in Naples close for a few weeks in August.
- A good period for cultural events in tourist areas.
Shoulder (Apr–Jun & Sep–Oct)
- Good deals on accommodation.
- Spring is best for festivals, wildflowers and local produce.
- June and September generally deliver summer heat without the August crowds and traffic.
Low Season (Nov–Mar)
- Prices at their lowest – up to 30% lower than high season.
- Many sights, hotels and restaurants closed in coastal and mountainous areas.
- Christmas feasting and colourful Carnevale celebrations.