The villa was build on project by Andrea Palladio for bishop Paolo Almerico, around 1570. In 1591 the villa was bought by the noble family Capra. From 1911 ‘La Rotonda’ is owned by the family of Count Valmarana who opened it to the public in 1986.
Visit: Villa Almerico Capra detta La Rotonda, Vicenza, Province of Vicenza, Veneto“Maybe never architectural art has reached such a level of magnificence” (J. W. Goethe, after the visit at La Rotonda)La Rotonda is not a villa. It’s something more.In time it has been visited by poets and artists, sovereigns and statesmen, scholars and art amateurs, travellers and tourists. To everyone La Rotonda has given an unforgettable emotion, that sense of harmony and grace whose answer is a smile, a silence.After 500 years, La Rotonda today is still a place of pure beauty, waiting to give inspiration, culture, joy.