Information from Viator
The House of Borgia was an Italo-Spanish noble family, which rose to prominence during the Italian Renaissance. They were from Valencia, the surname being a toponymic from Borja, then in the Crown of Aragon, in Spain.The Borgias became prominent in ecclesiastical and political affairs in the 15th and 16th centuries, producing two popes: Alfons de Borja, who ruled as Pope Callixtus III during 1455–1458, and Rodrigo Lanzol Borgia, as Pope Alexander VI, during 1492–1503.Especially during the reign of Alexander VI, they were suspected of many crimes, including adultery, incest, simony, theft, bribery, and murder (especially murder by arsenic poisoning). Because of their grasping for power, they made enemies of the Medici, the Sforza, and the Dominican friar Savonarola, among others. They were also patrons of the arts who contributed to the Renaissance.
• FIRST DAY The experience starts with the pick-up in Hotel at 10:00 am by a touristic guide. The clients will then reach the Vatican’s Museums for a 3 hours guided tour of these museums, St. Peter’s square and basilica.At the end of this first visit, a transfer to the restaurant “L’antico Arco” specialized in gourmet and high-quality meals.After that the day will concluded with a guided tour of the Sant ’Angels’ castle. • SECOND DAY Pick up at the Hotel at 15:00 for a first stop at the Borgia ascent in the characteristic Monti district. Departure for Civita Castellana, the place where the Borgias left their footprint through the Fort Sangallo built by illustrious architects such as Antonio da Sangallo il Vecchio or Bramante, which will be visited for about 2 hours accompanied by a guide. In the continuation of this experience, customers will be received with a welcome aperitivo in the castle of Vasanello. A night tour of the castle that precedes a dinner in the Master dining room will then be performed. Return to the Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Lunch & aperitivo
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Vasanello
What's not included
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)