When to Go
High Season (Jul & Aug)
- Warm in Jerusalem, muggy in Tel Aviv, infernal in Eilat, Tiberias and the Dead Sea.
- Hotel prices spike and rooms are scarce.
- Jewish holidays of Passover, Rosh HaShanah and Sukkot are also high season.
Shoulder (Sep–Nov & Mar–Jun)
- Sometimes rainy but more often warm and sunny.
- Spring wildflowers make March and April ideal for hiking.
- Local tourist demand spikes during the week-long Jewish holidays of Passover and Sukkot.
Low Season (Dec–Feb)
- Chilly or downright cold in the north, especially at higher elevations.
- Popular time to head to the warmth of Eilat and the Dead Sea.