Opened in 1889, this 72-room German Catholic guesthouse – geared to Christian pilgrims but open to all – is a tranquil place with glorious gardens, right on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Renovated in 2016, it’s ideal for meditation and reflection amid exemplary Germanic cleanliness and order. Wheelchair accessible. Reserve well in advance, especially in the spring and fall. Situated about 500m from Capernaum Junction.