Ireland's oldest purpose-built hotel was built in 1797 by the Duke of Devonshire. He'd still recognise the exterior, but the rooms within have had a contemporary makeover with sleek dark-timber furniture and cream-and-gold fabrics.
Still maintaining much of their original Georgian design, each room at the hotel includes a flat-screen TV and air conditioning. Complete with an electric kettle. Featuring a bath or shower, private bathrooms also come with a hairdryer and towels. Extras include linen and ironing facilities.
An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including horse riding, cycling and hiking. The property includes free parking.
With an emphasis on fresh fish, the restaurant serves an extensive dinner menu every evening.
From the property, Lismore Castle is less than 5 minutes' walk away. Lismore Golf Club is less than 2 km away. The seaside resort town of Dungarvan is a short 23-minute journey by car.