Newbridge House and Farm is a terrific day out for young and old, both fun and educational. There are daily guided tours of the house which was purchased from the Cobbe family in 1985 and opened as a County Dublin Regional Park in 1986. Consisting of approximately 370 acres of gently undulating pastureland, woodland walks, wild flower meadows, traditional farm, ruins of Lanistown Castle, deer park and at its heart the fine Georgian house designed by the renowned architect James Gibbs. The Coach House Café is open all year round serving delicious freshly baked treats. The attraction is 10 minutes’ drive from Dublin Airport and just 30 minutes from Dublin City Centre.
Visit: Newbridge House & Farm, Donabate, County DublinEnter the Farm via the new Visitors Centre leading onto the 18th century Cobbled Courtyard and visit our Shetland and Connemara ponies, pigs and piglets, goats and baby chicks. Newbridge House and Farm is one of the few examples of a working farm where animals, can be seen in an environment where they can move about freely and express normal patterns of behaviour. We are very committed to the highest standards of animal welfare and to the preservation of many Irish and indeed rare breeds. Newbridge House Newbridge is a Georgian Villa built to the design of James Gibbs in 1747 for the then Archbishop of Dublin, Charles Cobbe (1686-1765). It remained home to the Cobbe Family until 1985 when it was purchased by Dublin County Council now Fingal County County. Newbridge is the only house in the Republic of Ireland where the original family and an outside body (Fingal County Council) work alongside each other to maintain the property and its contents. Newbridge is renowned across the world for its unique collection of Irish furniture, the Cobbe Collection of Old Master portraits and landscapes as well as family pictures, all of which can be seen on the tour. There is over 300 years of family history and all of the accompanying stories and anecdotes to be enjoyed too. Newbridge Farm The fine, square cobbled courtyard adjoining the house was designed by Robert Mack, and built about 1790 after the completion of the main house. The very pleasent set of buildings surrounding the courtyard include: Rent Room, Tack Room, Coach House (containing the magnificant Lord Chancellor's Carraige), Blacksmiths Forge, Horse Stables, Joinery Shop, Threshing Barn, Weigh House, Hay Barn, Fowl Houses, Pig Sty, Chicken House, Slaughter House, Swill House, Bull Pen, Bleaching Yard, The Vinery.