Information from Viator
The Connemara day tour takes you to the wild west of Ireland. Experience its lakes, mountains and bogs where the traditions of yesteryear are still very much a part of daily life. This scenic country tour includes a photo stop at the romantic Kylemore Abbey, a 90 minutes boat cruise on the Killary fjord in summer, or traditional sheepdog trials and turf cutting in winter, and a visit to the bohemian Galway City.
Taking a scenic route to Oughterard, ' The Gateway to Connemara'. We will pass through many quaint towns and enjoy beautiful scenery before we enter the national park, which has no boundary lines but is marked by its truly outstanding beauty and panoramic, unspoiled views. During the high season ( April - October ) this tour includes a 1.5hr boat cruise around Killary harbour. During the low season ( November - March ) the boat cruise does not run but instead we will visit the Killary Sheep Farm. You will be given a skilled sheepdog demonstration and told about how the people and the livestock cope with the barren land and the harsh weather. You will also be given a demonstration on Turf cutting. Maybe turn a sod yourself!Our next stop is to Kylemore Abbey, said to be one of the most romantic castles in Ireland. Here you can get some photos of this amazing setting and relax for some lunch ( not included ). Take the Scenic route through the Inagh valley on our way to Galway City where you will have 1 hour 15 minutes to explore this small Bohemian city.We then set on our way back to Dublin and reminisce about our adventure to Ireland’s Wild West.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach.
- WIFI on selected coaches.
- 1.5-hour Killary Fjord Boat Cruise (April to October) or Killary Sheep Farm (November to March)
- Galway City
- Entry/Admission - Glengowla Mines
What's not included
- Entrance to Kylemore Abbey
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Get inside tips from a local
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- See the underwater world without getting wet