When to Go
High Season (Mar–May)
- Ideal temperatures in most of Iran with generally mild, clear weather.
- Prices are highest and crowds biggest during No Ruz (21 March to 3 April), especially at Esfahan, Shiraz, Yazd and the Persian Gulf coast.
- Prices in hotels go up and availability goes down in April.
Shoulder Season (Jun–Oct)
- Warmer weather in June means fewer travellers.
- September and especially October temperatures moderate; good for mountain trekking.
- Prices slightly lower than March to May.
Low Season (Nov–Feb)
- Extreme cold, especially in the northeast and west, but good for skiing.
- Some mountain roads can be impassable.
- Hotel prices are discounted by 10% to 50% and there are fewer crowds.