Budget: Less than 500,000Rp
- Simple rooms: less than 200,000Rp
- Cheap street meals: less than 40,000Rp
- Local transport such as bemos: from 5000Rp
- Double rooms with air-con: 300,000–800,000Rp
- Cheap flights to shorten distances: from 500,000Rp
- Guides and meals in restaurants, each 250,000–800,000Rp
Top End: More than 2,000,000Rp
- Stay at resorts or boutique properties in remote places: more than 850,000Rp
- Flights and cars with drivers to get around: 500,000–1,000,000Rp
- Special tours for activities such as diving; top restaurants on Bali: more than 1,000,000Rp
Many everyday purchases in Indonesia require bargaining. Accommodation has a set price, but this is usually negotiable in the low season or if you are staying at the hotel for several days. Bargaining can be an enjoyable part of shopping, so maintain your sense of humour and keep things in perspective. As a general rule (apart from tourist shops), if prices are displayed, prices are fixed; if not, bargaining may be possible.
There are ATMs in Krui, but not in Tanjung Setia.